Monday 15 August 2016

Battle of Grunwald 1706.

Last night,the fab. four had a Marlburian game,unfortunately Windows 10 has decided that all the photo's I took last night are no good and has refused to print them!!-I just love technology-not!!
The only two I have left of the game are the ones I took when I was setting up the game..........

This is the scenario and initial troop dispositions-we drew bits of paper,and Paul took the left of the Franco/Bavarian line,whilst I took the right.
Brian commanded the right of the "British" line,and Graham the left.


This is the table before any movement-Paul facing Brian in the foreground,these two fought each other to exhaustion!! while on the other flank Graham gave me a right old "drubbing"
In many ways this was a very frustrating game,with proper Marlburian tactics being "thrown out of the window" in favour of quasi-Napoleonic tactics!! we'll have to sort this out before the next game,however the game was played in good spirit and was exciting,so not too bad.
I'll have to sort out the Windows 10 picture album thing before the next game too!!
We won't be playing on Thursday because my grandson is coming up from London for a week's visit,so roll on next Sunday.










No comments:

Post a Comment