Monday 7 December 2015

Battle of Toro Loco,Spain 1809.

After last night,I'm getting a little worried about Brian-it's nothing I can really put my finger on,but he sort of looks at me in a strange,almost "lustful" way-see if you can spot what I mean..........

Well,last night we had a Napoleonic game set in Spain,pitting an Allied army,against a French army,this is the scenario....

Brian and Graham were the French commanders,whilst Paul and I were the Allied commanders.


This shows the table before any movement-note the "Teddy Bear Fur" corn fields-Brian spent a lot of time "stroking" the Fur!!-cause for concern or what?????


Brian begins the first of many attacks on the Spanish-held hill/convent,with the hill being defended by infantry and a gun,all of his attacks were doomed to failure!!


O.M.G!! now can you see what I mean by a "Lustful" look??-as Paul begins to shoot his infantry and I begin to attack with my Spanish cavalry,Brian advances against the village and open ground-this is going to be tight!

As the battle rages in the centre,Brian and Graham put in another attack against the hill and village-you're all doomed,laddy,you're all doomed!!!!


Paul has sent reinforcements to the hill,as Brian puts in yet another attack!!!


Yet another one!!!-will they never learn??-In the background,to the right,Graham is moving ever closer to my Portuguese troops,who have retired(it's good being retired!!) behind the stream,he did well to manoeuvre his troops into a position where his gun and infantry shot my troops to pieces-but they still hung on-hurrah!!

In this shot Graham is looking for heavenly inspiration!!(or hair on Brian's head!) whilst "Lusty" is looking grim!-however back at the table,the whole battle is raging,and Graham's troops are driving mine backwards-that gun is particularly well placed!!


My flank is lost,but the hill is still in allied hands,the village is being held by a handful of French who can not stand a determined assault,and Brian's cavalry are being "swamped" by Spanish and British cavalry-the battle is ours(I think!)
This was an interesting and complex game,both sides facing problems,but very well played by all.
Roll on Thursday-Paul wants a Carthaginian game,but I need to get my new Saxon army(probably disguised as a Spanish 11th century army) onto the table-we'll see!!




































3 comments:

  1. I luv Napoleonics me!! By the way that "Look" was not Lustful it was the look of a Man who is sick of the sight of that Bloody Hill/Cliff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does this mean that you are "lusting" after Cliff(as in sir Cliff)???
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Now you know my Idol is the one and only Ken Dodd!!!!

    ReplyDelete